Monday, July 19, 2010

Groom Style

A friend of mine sent me over a link today to a recent wedding photographed by the amazing Jill Thomas. There was so much style infiltrating this wedding, but the thing that stuck out to me most was the groom and groomsmen style. It prompted me to run down the top trends in groom style right now. So, on with it:

1) Amazingly awesome bow ties.


These brand new Forage bow ties come from Something's Hiding in Here are a treasure trove of fabric that makes you think of summer and simpler times.


2) Stripes.


Image from Joy Thigpen
3) Suspenders.

4) Checks.

Image from Jill Thomas


Image from La Belle Bride

5) Succulent boutonnieres.


6) Hats.

Image from Once Wed

7) Plaid.


What's your favorite groom trend these days?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a timely post. We started our hunt for the guy's attire last night, and I quickly discovered that, despite the many hours of research I have put into planning our wedding, I have neglected to pay attention to groom's attire trends and how people are dressing the male side of their wedding party these days. I was told by the consultant that the father of the bride and father of the groom wear the same outfit as the groomsmen. This is the first I have heard of this. I guess many more hours need to be spend researching the threads for the fellas. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete