Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Papel del Mar

One of my favorite things is clean, crispy stationary. A simple letterpress or gocco image is just about what I need to smile in complete adoration. I feel so fortunate to have stumbled upon Parrott Design Studio while we were creating our wedding invitations.

Sarah Parrot does an amazing job of taking two different weddings in the same place (for this purpose: preppy, seaside Maine) and making two completely different invitations. One for the "J. Crew bride and groom" and the other for the "American Apparel duo."

First, the preppier cleaner look:


I heart the Kraft paper envelopes and the string.


And the seagull adds the sea-salty smell....


Now look at this invitation. Same idea: marine, seaside, Maine. But rock 'n roll!


The compass is the only unifying image.



The last card is my absolute favorite.

A few other details I adore from Sarah's site?





The mustardy yellow above is calling to me. There might be an inspiration board in the near future...

What invites make you smile?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this invitations are beautiful!! I love the clean design and I'm wondering what kind of fabric is the handkerchief made of? I love the look.

    Hugs
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just tell you how happy I am that you're working the wedding scene in New Mexico. Planning my wedding in Albuquerque was slightly easier for me, because I worked for the local magazine and had a lot of contacts, but I've talked to several brides who are at a complete loss on what to do. There are limited resources for NM weddings, so it's nice to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the beautiful post, Ali!! Your blog is beautiful and congratulations on launching your website (also gorgeous!). I am so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see Parrott Design up here. Sarah did some amazing work for a wedding client I shot earlier this year. Beautiful work across the board!

    ReplyDelete